Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Midwife Appointment Week 21-25

Today i went for my 3rd appointment (week 21-25) with the midwife. This time, Kim was away so another midwife named Elizabeth (if i'm not mistaken) covered for her. She was really good, as good as Kim ;)

My appointment went on from 10 am til 10.35 am. Yes, it is right with what i heard & read before:

"...recent surveys have shown that the average time a doctor spends with their patient during a prenatal visit is five minutes. Midwives usually spend more time with patients, while the doctor's or midwife's nurse or nurse practitioner spends the most time with the expectant mother."


I recalled during my visits with the family doctor in Mission,took only several minutes - i was very dissappointed on both visits. That's why i changed my family doctor and for this pregnancy, i get a midwife ;)

Before meet the midwife personally, i weigh myself & did the urine test for protein & glukose at the clinic.

Funny thing was I forgot how to use the weight measurement, so i get the midwife to help me. I'm so grateful to confirm that i only gained 2 and half pounds since the last visit in September LOL...i thought i've gained more than 10 pounds recently - that's why i was staring at the leveler, couldn't believe it hehehe protein & glukose level are normal ;)

Then Elizabeth performed these routines on me:

- reported that all blood screening and other tests that i've done, came back with good result!
- Checked my blood pressure & heart beat, all ok.
- checked the baby's heartbeat and measured the size of my uterus.
- (as per my request) checked and confirmed that i dont have any strecth marks yet

We also discussed about other pregnancy matters - Q&A session :D.

As i'm approaching 3rd trimester, my next appointment will be in every 3 weeks.

4 comments:

INTAN RH said...

wah..wah..wah ...macamana rasa nak jd mother? :)
seronok kan... ;)

seventh said...

wow.. you have midwife. thats really good.

Anonymous said...

jac, bila due date?

Jacquemm said...

seonok intan, terutama masa baby gerak2 ;)

yes, Wen. feel great to have a midwife :D

kak zie, due date is feb 5, 2009.