Wednesday, September 17, 2008

my love @ 1st sight...






what can i say about love at 1st sight?

as i'm relaxing & enjoying my quite afternoon, listening to the birds singing outside in the garden, all of sudden i remember the moment when me & hubby met in person for the 1st time.

i got to know my hubby thru our church connection, via a very trusted website run by an Adventist couple in USA. It was by God's plan that i came across to the website. Being a person who wasn't believe in internet relationship, i just registered myself for pen-pal & friendship purpose, without any photo, even mentioned in my profile that i was 'a hot temper & moody' and 'no Canadian or USA'.

Guess what, just after a month then i got the 1st e-mail from hubby with the subject 'Canadian guy'. I was like "what???? canadian guy?? does he not read my profile????" but out of curiousity, i went on read the e-mail anyway.

Why 'no Canadian or USA'? 1st reason because during those time i was truly believed that orang putih are smelly hahaha (tell me if u ever passing by any org putih in Malaysia - hello, i'm talking about the traveller and are they smell good?? hehehe - so that's why i thought org putih was really malas mandi hehehe.

2nd reason - 'prevention is better than cure'. Once u fell in love, it's hard to back off. How if i fall in love with American or Canadian? I wasn't willing to leave Malaysia at all before i met my hubby.

Anyhow, upon reading my hubby's 1st e-mail, i decided that nothing wrong just replying as pen-pal.(mmmm hubby wrote such a beautiful introduction of himself - made my heart 'cair'/melted to go vs my 'no Canadian or USA' preference hehehe)

We wrote to each other for several months & then hubby came to KL one day earlier than scheduled. That time i was working in KL, i still remember clearly the moment when our eyes 1st met...

As usual, i worked til 6pm that day but couldn't leave immediately as my Kembara was blocked by another lawyer's car in the parking lot. 6.15pm, the other lawyer left & as i was walking towards the main door, 1 of the staffs came in & said 'Jackie, there is a mat salleh looking for you outside"

I said 'what mat saleh?' She said 'mmm i dont know, maybe your client'. I said 'what mat salleh client? i'm going home now. i dont have any mat salleh client. it's mr.xxx client, i think". The staff said "but he mentioned Jackie" & as i reached the door, i said 'no, tell mr.xxx', i was already outside.

Lo & behold...there was the mat salleh 'client' standing at the gate with a bouquet of flowers in his hand & luggages next to him, with his big smile. I was like 'black-out' for seconds, jaw dropped & speechless (imagine a lawyer became speechless)! My heart felt like been on electric shock - felt stop beating for a while then beats very fast, my eyes glued to him, my face turned colourful, i think & i was stand still!

OOOOO that how's it feel being in love at 1st sight hahaha...well, that's one of the signs that i asked from God, and He answered it! Later that nite, hubby told me that he experienced the same 'electric shock' too...but i think he got more courage than me, as even he was speechless, he was still walking towards me, kept smiling & handed me the bouquet, right in front of my 3 staffs whom were sitting outside the office building while me still in total Cloud 9 hahaha...

I'll never forget that sweet memory, created by a sudden visit of my now hubby.There are many reasons why i finally left Malaysia to be with this man. He is such a special man to me, very, very special.

No comments: