Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st class @ Fac. of Law, UBC

today was my 1st class of Advanced Criminal Law @ Uni. of British Columbia. As i'm still dealing with my registration, hubby accompanied me to UBC. I'm so grateful he did so, as he really did helped me lots yesterday - he is one of the best supporter of me in this world! :D

Around 12 pm, we met the Senior Ass. Dean for some discussion. The Ass. Dean told us that i'm one of luckies got to be accepted as there were 120 NCA applicants applied to UBC, but only 2-5 NCA students only accepted each year due to the limited spots.

As a foreigner lawyer in Canada, it is not easy to get into the Bar here. I think the same scenario could be happen to any foreigner lawyer in Malaysia too :D

After meeting with the Ass. Dean, me & hubby went for lunch at the Student Union Building, few blocks away from Fac. of Law. Then, i went to my Advanced Criminal Law 1st class around 3pm. The lecturers, both practioners were really good! Reminds me about Ustaz (now i forgot his name) whom teached Islamic Law in UM Fac. of Law.

While i attended the class, hubby went to the law library. It is really great that anyone can just go into the law library in UBC & use their facilities. As compare to UM, i still remember clearly how the librarian will check each individual's ID coming to the library hehehe

The class ended very early yesterday. We're done by 3.30 pm but then i have to see another lecturer to get his signature. Unfortunately, he wasn't around anymore yesterday afternoon.So, me & hubby left UBC around 4 pm.

On the way to Vancouver downtown - to get a document from the lawyer's office - we have to stop at the bank. While hubby did some banking, me did went to a maternity store close by & bought a pair of good maternity jeans & suit for me ;)

Overall, i really enjoys our trip to UBC yesterday! :D

No comments: