Thursday, December 4, 2008

Belly button during prego

Last nite, i realized that belly button is almost sticking out! hehehe no wonder there was on & off pain in my belly button for several days before. Then today, i received an e-mail from About.com, an article "How Pregnancy Changes Your Belly Button" by Robin Elise.

1 of the Q, answered my curiousity regarding the pain in the belly button. So just read:

Okay, it may sound downright silly to devote a whole article to the pregnant belly button - but I get a lot of mail on this topic! So here are the answers to some of the most popular questions about the belly button of a pregnant woman.

Q. I have my navel pierced. Do I have to take the belly button ring out during pregnancy? If so, when?

A. I've had several clients who had their navels pierced prior to becoming pregnant. They have each made different decisions regarding the ring during pregnancy. I have had some people choose to remove it at their practitioners request, though no medical reason was stated, ask your practitioner what is right for you. Some choose to leave it until their bellies got larger and then removed it. A few were forced to remove it as it became uncomfortable at the very end of pregnancy as their abdomens were stretched tautly causing a pulling sensation.

And then I've also had some who left it in the whole time with never a care.

Q. Why is my belly button sticking out?

A. Even if you've been an "inny" all of your life, during pregnancy the expansion of your abdomen can cause you to be an "outy." There isn't much you can do about this temporary condition, except to cover it with clothing. Some women have taped something over it to create a more flat appearance under their clothing. You should also have your practitioner check it out to ensure you don't have a hernia.
Will my bellybutton pop out?

Q. Is it normal to have a flat belly button?

A. Yes, as your stomach expands with the baby, you may notice that your belly button becomes flat and taut against your skin. This is normal and will revert back to your normal belly button once your baby is born.

Q. I have a pain inside my belly button. What causes this?

A. This can be caused from the stretching of the skin on your abdomen or it can a muscular issue. Always report pain to your doctor or midwife.

Q. My belly and belly button are itchy. Should I be concerned?

A. As the skin stretches it may become irritated and itchy. Try keeping it well hydrated with your favorite lotion for some relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi jac..

pe kabar?
lamanya tak update blog..
harap sihat..