Monday, April 6, 2009

Confinement?

Hehehe if you married with a Mat Salleh, very hard to do traditional confinement. So that was my case. I'm a very reasonable and logic person, so i did the same for mine so called "Confinement" too.

I didn't stay & confined myself inside the house thruout my 'pantang' days. As soon as i discharged from the hospital, we (hubby, me & baby) live at Courtyard Hotel in KK, then after 3 nites at my mum's home, we moved from hotel to hotel in several places til we reached Canada on 1st April (Malaysia time).

What i've done was just "do & dont" in logical & reasonable manner. For 40 days i didn't take any cold and too much spicy food (hard for hubby to understand this LOL). Can you imagine, he bought me an ice-cream yogurt the day i came to the hotel from the hospital LOL... No fish for the 1st week either.

And i didn't take shower for the 1st 2 weeks except just "lap2 badan", then shower once a week after that til 40 days lapsed. Lucky for me coz we stayed mostly in an aircondition building in several places, so the urge to shower just not there for me :)

As soon as 40 days gone, i took shower that was the longer i ever had before LOL...scrub all over my body to remove dead cells...couldn't imagine how thick my dead cells were, til my skin was so rough! It took me 3 weeks to get my skin smooth again ;)

What i ate, just normal food like other people eat plus the following:



For 2 weeks i drank the black fish essence with american ginseng, 2 bottles per day.
For 10 days, i took herbal pills of Wu Kim Yuen to break the big chunks of blood inside the womb for easy flow.
For 30 days i took herbal pills of Soo Hup to expell winds from the body
and for as long as i stayed in Malaysia (that was 12 days after delivery), i drank Malta every day.
And i think i only ate the 'sup ayam with samsu" once and drink a kind of root to prevent the uterus from dropping ( that's what the elder people told me)..you know how our orang tua acts...hehehe

I started walking the following day after C-sect surgery and after discharged, the 1Borneo Mall was my 2nd exercise place to walk, and walk, and walk.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.