Monday, April 6, 2009

The arrival of baby Jade

3rd February - decided to stand-by in KK. Left Kota Marudu around noon. All afternoon, we just 'ronda2" KK then checked in at Courtyard Hotel, 1Borneo.

11.00 pm - took shower, after sushi dinner with Sally & her sister.
11.30 pm - i was just laying down to rest when i felt water coming out from 'there' ;)...called my sister, and she advised to go to the hospital.
11.50 pm - water kept coming out, so we left the hotel to the private hospital Sabah Medical Centre (SMC) Luyang.

4th February

12 am - While hubby was dealing with registration at the emergency unit, a nurse brought me to the labor room for monitoring - no pain, no contractions but confirmed the water was amniotic fluids.

12.20 am - went back to our private room, hubby stayed with me and we played scrabble til 3.30 am.

8.15 am- i was moved back to the labor room for check-up, only mild contractions thruout the nite. The ObGyn came, performed check-up. The result were dilated only 1cm and baby still very high. Options: induction or C-sect, so i chosed the later.

8.30 am-12pm: Fasting.

12 pm: C-sect procedure begun. Hubby came in just in time when i needed someone to hold my hand; i felt dying coz of the baby pressure against my chest and i can't breath properly. As soon as hubby hold my hand, i got the strength to stay awake.

12.33 pm - Baby Jade was pulled out, i heard the ObGyn said "Wah..she is so long". Jade cried aloud announcing her arrival! As the ObGyn cut Jade's unbilical cord, the ObGyn put her in between of my leg then once it was done, the Ped bought her next to my head where i can see her. She was purple and fluffy!!! Then the Ped carried her away for clean up and medical check-up. Guess what? Hubby also left to see the baby LOL..

1.15 pm - I was back to my room where Jade, Cameron, my mum, my sister and her family were there already. My sister quickly put Jade next to me for nursing, and that baby, just like magic latched on!







No comments: